Signal Piracy, also known as Signal Theft, occurs when a business or individual decodes an encrypted signal without authorization, usually meaning they have not paid for or subscribed to the service. The crime of signal piracy allows businesses, like bars or hotels, to benefit and profit from paid programming by illegally broadcasting this signal to their customers, patrons, or guests.
Signal Piracy can either happen during a normal transmission or from a stolen “event,” such as a specific Pay-Per-View broadcast. Offenders are not only stealing from you, but they are stealing from your service provider and likely slowing down the signal and interfering with the quality of broadcast you have paid for. If you are relying on a strong signal for your business, such as at a sports bar, then signal piracy could cost you significant profits. If your business requires a strong signal, or you want your signals protected in your home, call ICS and we will perform an audit to determine if your signal is being stolen, where it is happening, and by whom.
Signal Piracy Investigations Information:
- Signal Piracy is handled by our Signal Piracy Detectives in Texas
- ICS will first determine if you are the victim of signal piracy
- If you are, we will locate the signal pirate
- Once we have found the pirate, we will turn over the legally obtained evidence to the proper authorities and work with them to neutralize the theft
- Related ICS Services
- Technical Surveillance Countermeasures
- Computer Forensic Services
- Undercover Investigations
- Criminal Investigation Services
- Signal Piracy Auditing
ICS Experience and Expertise:
- Operating since 1967
- Far greater operational reach than any other investigative service in the world
- Built through experience and expertise with a mix of law enforcement and military backgrounds
- All services are performed and billed on an hourly basis.
- Investigators are available 24/7.
- Global resources network for domestic and international work
- Constantly evolving technical capabilities to adapt to advances in electronics and technology
- Use of cutting edge technology and equipment
- Free Consultation for Needs Analysis
- Design an Action Plan
- Engagement and Fees
- Execute Action Plan
- Present Thorough Documentation of All Results/Findings
Are you in need?
Signal Piracy occurs across the country and can affect anyone from an individual homeowner up to nationwide restaurant and bar chains, and everyone in between. If your bottom line might be affected by Signal Piracy, then contact ICS immediately for a full assessment and investigation into your situation. Our experts are trained to detect and neutralize even the most advanced efforts at pirating digital and electronic signals.