Stock Options Fraud is a greed-based crime that refers to a number of practices by stock brokers, corporations, or employees that defraud the clients, the company, or the SEC.
There are several ways to commit stock option fraud, and there are several types of people who have the access and the knowledge to commit it. Because it is usually carried out by highly educated and knowledgeable people, the crime is usually hidden very well and can be extremely difficult to detect. While the SEC has had great success in tightening regulations on issuing, sharing, and trading stocks, it simply does not have the resources to put teeth to the enforcement of the regulations. A private investigation may be necessary to aid the SEC in ferreting out fraudulent practices. ICS has the network and the resources to do just that, with a team of highly trained investigators who have years of experience in the financial sector. Call us for a free consultation, and let us explain our process for crunching the numbers, analyzing agreements and contracts, and tracing the facts to their true origins.
Stock Options Fraud Information:
- Investment Fraud by Stock Brokers
- Misappropriates client funds
- Fails to execute a securities order
- Omits relevant facts about an investment
- Engages in unauthorized trading practices
- Churning: excessive buying and selling in your account by your broker for the purpose of generating commissions
- Back Dating Stock Options
- Company executives back date stock options to a grant date when the stock was trading substantially lower, so that the execs and the company realize a greater profit on the day the stock is actually purchased
- Employee Stock Options
- Executives may terminate an employee prior to his stock options vesting so that they do not have to issue any stock to that employee
- A company lying to its employees about the amount of stock being issued, their exercise prices, their vesting schedules, or their entitlement to employee stock options
- Wrongful cancellation of unvested stock options by the parent corporation
- Related ICS Services
- Computer Forensic Services
- Undercover Investigations
- Employee Screening Programs
- Surveillance and Background Checks
- Criminal Investigation Services
- Polygraph or Lie Detection Services
- Public Records Research
- Comprehensive Information Resources
- Private Investigations (International)
- Private Investigations (United States)
- Personal Investigations
- Shredded or Destroyed Document Reconstruction Services
ICS Experience and Expertise:
- Operating since 1967
- Far greater operational reach than any other investigative service in the world
- Built through experience and expertise with a mix of law enforcement and military backgrounds
- All services are performed and billed on an hourly basis.
- Investigators are available 24/7.
- Global resources network for domestic and international work
- Constantly evolving technical capabilities to adapt to advances in electronics and technology
- Use of cutting edge technology and equipment
- Free Consultation for Needs Analysis
- Design an Action Plan
- Engagement and Fees
- Execute Action Plan
- Present Thorough Documentation of All Results/Findings
Are you in need?
Stock option fraud is considered a white collar crime, and it is generally committed by highly specialized, highly knowledgeable criminals who are difficult to identify. But it is impossible to hide all of the facts, particularly when corporations dealing in stocks, and stock brokers, have to follow such strict reporting guidelines with the SEC. Everything leaves a paper trail, and the investigators at ICS know how to follow it. Call us for a free consultation if you believe you are the victim of stock option fraud, and you need help getting to the truth.