If you suspect that someone has bugged your phone, work or home then you may need help by conducting a TSCM investigation for Bugs. Please visit our Technical Surveillance Countermeasures page for more information on this service.
Bug Sweep Investigations
Bug Sweep Investigations are a very specific type of Surveillance Detection Investigations, where technicians use various electronic equipment to detect any foreign transmitters that may have been planted in your home, office, vehicles, or on your person.
Bugging electronic communication devices is far more common than people may think, particularly when it comes to high profile government and business personnel. In the corporate and industrial world, the competition may take great lengths to keep an eye on you, including illegal bugging of your phones, computers, vehicles, homes, and offices. As a United States citizen, you have a fundamental right to privacy that must be protected. Having a stranger listening to all of your phone calls is certainly a violation of that right. If you have reason to believe that your life is being watched, and you want to be certain, then you should call ICS immediately. Our investigators are highly skilled technicians who are knowledgeable about the latest technology in bugging and bug sweeps, and they will make sure that your conversations are only heard by the intended audience.
Bug Sweep Investigations Information:
- Common telephone tapping devices:
- Acoustic Bugs: the simplest listening device, these are not electronic devices. Acoustic bugs allow one to eavesdrop using a drinking glass, stethoscope, rubber tubes, or tape recorders in close proximity to the person speaking.
- Ultrasonic or VLF Bug: these devices convert sound into an audio signal which cannot be heard by human ears, then intercept that sound wave and convert it back to audible frequencies to be recorded and listened to on the eavesdroppers’ hardware
- Radio Frequency Bug: these devices are the most common, using a transmitter to capture sounds and transport the audio signal to another location
- Optical Bug: these devices convert sounds into an optical pulse that can be transmitted and recorded
- Techniques employed by ICS:
- Visual and electronic sweeps of the home, vehicles, and office to detect the following:
- Hidden microphones
- Bugs and taps
- Audio recorders
- GPS tracking devices
- Closed-circuit television systems (CCTV)
- Covert cameras operating using infrared, spread-spectrum, frequency hopping, burst, carrier current, or other transmission methods
- Related ICS Services:
- Technical Surveillance Countermeasures
- Computer Forensic Services
- Counterintelligence Services
- Counter-Surveillance Services
- Signal Piracy Auditing
ICS Experience and Expertise:
- Operating since 1967
- Far greater operational reach than any other investigative service in the world
- Built through experience and expertise with a mix of law enforcement and military backgrounds
- All services are performed and billed on an hourly basis.
- Investigators are available 24/7.
- Global resources network for domestic and international work
- Constantly evolving technical capabilities to adapt to advances in electronics and technology
- Use of cutting edge technology and equipment
- Free Consultation for Needs Analysis
- Design an Action Plan
- Engagement and Fees
- Execute Action Plan
- Present Thorough Documentation of All Results/Findings
Are You In Need?
In this technological age, it is very easy to plant listening devices and bugs. Fortunately, for someone with the proper training and equipment, detecting bugs can be just as easy when you know where to look. If you know that you have valuable information worth stealing, or if you are connected to high profile personnel in business or government or any other competitive industry, you may be at risk of being bugged. At ICS, our bug sweep technicians are very experienced and efficient in detecting and neutralizing bugs of all kinds.