Our clients most commonly come to us for work place drug testing, and it can become an extremely cost-effective preventative measure for any office environment. However, this is not the only case we come across. We have also had concerned parents who wanted to drug test their child, and husbands and wives who wanted to stop their loved ones from putting themselves in harm's way. Whatever your situation, ICS can help.
It has long been known that drug use in the workplace can have a detrimental ripple effect among employees. It results in decreased productivity, encourages employee theft and dishonesty, causes emotional and personal problems between employees inside and outside of work, and more. But as an employer, you do not have to wait until problems arise to maintain a drug-free workplace. The ICS drug testing can set up preventative screening before any red flags are raised, or we can confirm suspected drug use by staff and employees. Here is some important drug testing information.
Drug Testing Information:
- Economic costs associated with workplace drug abuse:
- Increased healthcare costs
- Increased employee absences
- Increased on-the-job accidents
- Liability for injuries to the general public or to the staff
- Decreased productivity
- When drug testing is allowed (for companies)
- Methods for Discovering Drug Use:
- Surface Drug Testing
- Can be performed on any surface that has come in contact with drugs (i.e. desks, keyboards, phones, etc.)
- Simple spray provides an immediate drug test answer
- Confidential, non-invasive test
- Very fast and accurate, with no lab work required
- Can test with or without individual’s knowledge
- Questioning Employees:
- Ask only questions related to the business
- Ensure that all information discovered remains confidential
- Ask only of convictions, not arrests
- Generally allowed as long as employer has clearly notified employees that such searches may occur, prior to employment (reduces “reasonable expectation of privacy”)
- Video cameras in the workplace are generally allowed, but there should be clear notification that such surveillance exists
- Video is not allowed in “private” places
- Eavesdropping is heavily regulated and should not be done
- Undercover agents
- Generally allowed, but employee confidentially must be maintained
- Polygraphs and Lie Detection
Are You At Risk?
Do you suspect that drug use is occurring in your workplace? Are you a concerned parent or do you suspect a loved one is doing drugs? Call ICS today and let us walk you through the drug testing process from start to finish so that you can be sure to stay within the limits of the law. We offer free consultations with our drug testing experts. Our investigations are efficient, accurate, and reliable, and we will maintain full confidentiality and discretion at all times. Evidence that we uncover will be admissible in court.