Extortion is the illegal act of unlawfully obtaining money, property, services, or information from a person, company, organization, or other entity through coercion. Exaction takes it one step further by threatening, actually inflicting pain or suffering, or forcing someone to endure something unpleasant.
Extortion and exaction may be isolated incidents, or they may be ongoing threats to you or your company. Extortion is not to be confused with blackmail, however. Blackmail generally involves the threat of legal, but unfavorable, action – such as revealing true but embarrassing information about you – to coerce you, while extortion involves the threat of illegal action – such as threats of physical harm or violence – to coerce you. If you are being extorted, or fear that someone may extort you, then call ICS immediately for a free consultation. Do not let the threat of extortion or exaction weigh on you any longer. Our expert investigators have a proven method for tracing the threats back to their source and putting a stop to them.
Extortion or Exaction Investigation Information:
- Common forms of extortion:
- Threatening to file a false claim against someone unless money, goods, or services are received
- Threatening to file a lawsuit on false grounds unless money, goods, or services are received
- “Protection” from local gangs, mafia, or police provided at an unreasonable price, with the threat that without “protection,” harm will come to the person or company being extorted
- ICS Extortion Investigative Methods:
- Interview the person or the directors of the entity being extorted
- Be open and honest with the investigator, even on stressful and uncomfortable topics
- Identify and locate witnesses to the extortion or informants willing to testify to the extortion or exaction
- Surveillance of the suspected extorter
- A variety of other techniques that will cater specifically to your situation
- Related ICS Services
- Technical Surveillance Countermeasures
- Computer Forensic Services
- Fingerprinting (Lifting Latent Prints)
- Undercover and Covert Investigations
- Pre-Employment and Employee Screening Programs
- Physical Evidence and Forensic Services
- Criminal Investigation Services
- Investigations to Find People
- Polygraph or Lie Detection Services
- Public Records Research
- Comprehensive Information Resources
- Personal Protection
- Supplier and Vendor Screening
- Crisis Intervention Services
- Reputation Defense
- Adultery, Unfaithful, Infidelity and Cheating Detection Services
- Hidden Asset Investigation
- Electronic Discovery
ICS Experience and Expertise:
- Operating since 1967
- Far greater operational reach than any other investigative service in the world
- Built through experience and expertise with a mix of law enforcement and military backgrounds
- All services are performed and billed on an hourly basis.
- Investigators are available 24/7.
- Global resources network for domestic and international work
- Constantly evolving technical capabilities to adapt to advances in electronics and technology
- Use of cutting edge technology and equipment
- Free Consultation for Needs Analysis
- Design an Action Plan
- Engagement and Fees
- Execute Action Plan
- Present Thorough Documentation of All Results/Findings
Are you in Need?
All private investigators with ICS are licensed experts, and we are experienced in handling even the most sensitive investigations with discretion and respect. If you are the victim of extortion, exaction, or blackmail, call ICS immediately for a free consultation. The longer you allow the extortion to go on, the more risk you have in suffering further harm. When the extorter realizes you are doing nothing to stop him, he may push the limits further and further until your life is at risk. We can put a stop to it.