Medical malpractice is when a medical professional negligently acts or fails to act, causing injury, harm, or death to a patient because of sub-standard care resulting from the negligence.
Medical malpractice can often be very difficult to prove because the standard for medical care is entirely subjective. But if you or someone you love has been misdiagnosed, mistreated, neglected, or injured by a medical professional and you feel as though you may have a strong claim, then you should contact ICS immediately. We have a global network of resources that gives us access to expert investigators who are highly experienced in finding the truth about medical malpractice claims. You may be owed substantial monetary relief as a result of your claim, but you will need an airtight case to prove it. Call ICS today for a free consultation and let us determine how strong your case is.
Medical and Dental Malpractice Information:
- Malpractice can be committed in a practitioner’s office, a hospital, a nursing home, an assisted living facility, a birthing center, or even a free clinic.
- Malpractice can be committed by any medical professional, including doctors, dentists, nurses, nursing assistants, physicians assistants, psychologists, therapists, pharmacists, dieticians, emergency medical personnel, and anyone else who diagnoses, treats, or provides care for patients.
- A legal claim for medical malpractice requires that the elements of negligence be met:
- A legal duty was owed to the patient by the medical professional
- That duty was breached
- The breach caused an actual injury
- Damage occurred (pecuniary or emotional)
- Potential signs of malpractice:
- Birth Injury or Errors leading to conditions such as cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, and brain damage
- Failure to Accurately Diagnose, either by missing the diagnosis or determining the wrong diagnosis, and causing harm to the patient as a result of the error
- Post-Operative Complications due to error, negligence, improper surgical technique, or lack of adequate surgical skill on the part of the surgeon, operation room and/or recover room staff
- Medication Errors, whether it is administering the wrong medication, a dangerous dosage, or ignores a known allergy in prescribing
- Extended Care that results in excessive bed sores, deprivation of food or water, excessive physical restraint, over-medication or sedation, physical abuse, inadequate security, bacterial infections, assault, or rape
- Romantic or Sexual involvement between a psychologist or psychotherapist and a patient
- Dental Malpractice including permanent or temporary injuries to the nerves in the jaw, tongue, chin and lips (lingual nerve injury, inferior alveolar nerve damage); molestation of a patient under anesthesia; infection due to unclean instruments; unauthorized or unnecessary treatment; delay of diagnosis and treatment
- Malpractice Investigations at ICS
- Investigators will interview everyone involved in the care of the injured party
- Complete review of all medical records to locate inconsistencies, false reporting, and tampering
- Background investigation of the alleged perpetrator
- Full, detailed documentation of the investigation will be furnished that will be admissible to the court
- Related ICS Services:
- Undercover Investigations
- Physical Evidence and Forensics Services
- Criminal Investigation Services
- Public Records Research
- Comprehensive Information Resources
- Private Investigation (Domestic)
- Private Investigation (International)
- Surveillance Operations
- Computer Forensic Investigations
- Witness Interviews
- Witness Locate
- Polygraph or Lie Detection Services
- Records Review
ICS Experience and Expertise:
- Operating since 1967
- Far greater operational reach than any other investigative service in the world
- Built through experience and expertise with a mix of law enforcement and military backgrounds
- All services are performed and billed on an hourly basis.
- Investigators are available 24/7.
- Global resources network for domestic and international work
- Constantly evolving technical capabilities to adapt to advances in electronics and technology
- Use of cutting edge technology and equipment
- Free Consultation for Needs Analysis
- Design an Action Plan
- Engagement and Fees
- Execute Action Plan
- Present Thorough Documentation of All Results/Findings
Are You in Need?
If you or someone you love has been misdiagnosed, mistreated, neglected, or otherwise harmed while in the care of a medical professional, you may have a legal claim for medical malpractice. When you submit yourself to the care of doctors, you establish a special relationship to that medical professional, and they have a duty to meet certain standards of care. If a negligent act or failure to act results in emotional or bodily harm or death, then you or your family may be owed financial compensation. Call ICS today for a free consultation and let us find out for you. We have a global network of resources available to us, and we will get to the bottom of your case efficiently and reliably.