A Sting Operation is a type of covert procedure designed to catch a person engaging in criminal, illegal, or dishonest activity.
Stings generally involve the use of an undercover agent who will pose as a confidant, partner, or colleague to the target of the sting. The agent will employ the use of various types of technical and electronic equipment to aid in the operation and create objective evidence for the investigation. Stings are most commonly carried out by law enforcement agents, sometimes posing as an under-aged youth in a chat room to target sexual predators, or as a John to bring down a prostitution ring. But there are many other situations that could require a sting operation, and the network of investigators working with ICS is highly trained and experienced in carrying them out. Call us today for a free consultation to analyze your needs.
Sting Operations Information:
- Uses for a Private Sting Operation:
- Workplace Crimes
- Intellectual Property Theft
- Property Crimes
- Drug Use
- Domestic Investigation
- Civil Investigation
- Criminal Investigation
- Things to watch out for when conducting a sting
- Avoid entrapment issues, which will not hold up in court
- Conduct the operation with safety as a priority
- Ensure that any and all evidence is collected legally so as to be admissible in court
- Adhere to legal guidelines for usage of specialty technical equipment such as listening and recording devices
- Related ICS Services
- Technical Surveillance Countermeasures
- Computer Forensic Services
- Undercover Investigations
- Criminal Investigation Services
- Counterintelligence Services
- Private Investigations (International)
- Private Investigations (United States)
- Personal Investigations
ICS Experience and Expertise:
- Operating since 1967
- Far greater operational reach than any other investigative service in the world
- Built through experience and expertise with a mix of law enforcement and military backgrounds
- All services are performed and billed on an hourly basis.
- Investigators are available 24/7.
- Global resources network for domestic and international work
- Constantly evolving technical capabilities to adapt to advances in electronics and technology
- Use of cutting edge technology and equipment
- Free Consultation for Needs Analysis
- Design an Action Plan
- Engagement and Fees
- Execute Action Plan
- Present Thorough Documentation of All Results/Findings
Are you in need?
Sting Operations are sometimes the most effective way to discover the truth, or to catch a criminal in the act. Whether you have a specific target in mind, such as a fence for thieves or a prostitute or her handler, or you are generally targeting child sex offenders, sting operations are the way to go. Our network of expert investigators includes highly trained agents who can carry out a sting with all of the technical, procedural, and legal knowledge required to be successful. Call ICS today for a free consultation with one of our field agents and find out how we can help you.