Document Examination and Assessment is a highly detailed forensic process that requires both professional and sophisticated equipment as well as experienced analysts.
There are many different types of document examination and assessment that private investigators can provide, and the processes involved are highly sophisticated. The Document Examination Investigators at ICS are experts at discovering and assessing everything there is to be learned from a document, whether it is from the content, the type of document, or any other type of clue. Call ICS immediately if you think you need a set of expert eyes to authenticate handwriting, flush out a counterfeit document, or anything else.
Document Examination and Assessment Information:
- Handwriting Analysis
- Science of comparing various aspects of handwriting to authenticate a writing or a signature, the results of which can be admissible in court
- Altered Dates or Document Timeline
- A less scrupulous person may add content to a contract or agreement after securing your signature, and the only way to prove that would be to have an ICS document investigator date the document page-by-page
- Timeline documents such as ledgers, medical statements, and log books can be analyzed to determine whether the dates written in the book and the date that the entry was actually created match up (or if someone retroactively falsified several entries to cover their tracks)
- Altered Documents
- The most common alterations are as follows:
- Something was taken out of the original
- Something was added to the original
- Something was erased and then replaced
- Digital Document Orientation Analysis
- A digitally produced document can be matched up to the printer, fax machine, copier, or typewriter that created it (similar to a ballistics investigation matching a bullet to the gun that fired it)
- Related ICS Services
- Computer and Physical Evidence Forensic Services
- Damaged or Destroyed Document Reconstruction
- Latent Fingerprints
- Expert Witness Testimony
ICS Experience and Expertise:
- Operating since 1967
- Far greater operational reach than any other investigative service in the world
- Built through experience and expertise with a mix of law enforcement and military backgrounds
- All services are performed and billed on an hourly basis.
- Investigators are available 24/7.
- Global resources network for domestic and international work
- Constantly evolving technical capabilities to adapt to advances in electronics and technology
- Use of cutting edge technology and equipment
- Free Consultation for Needs Analysis
- Design an Action Plan
- Engagement and Fees
- Execute Action Plan
- Present Thorough Documentation of All Results/Findings
Are you in need?
If you are questioning the authenticity of an important document and you need some help determining whether it is really what it purports to be, call ICS immediately and let us get you proof. Our expert Document Examination Investigators will work quickly and efficiently to authenticate any document, trace its origins, and timestamp it if necessary.