Elder abuse can be physical, mental or emotional, and it can be the result of intentional actions, malice, or negligence. The elderly are sometimes too scared or too weak to stand up for themselves, and it can be easy for people to take advantage of them.
Elder abuse investigations occurs in the home, in public, at nursing and retirement homes, and other places. It may be through negligence in failing to provide services to people in need of care, or through deliberate malice or intentional acts. It is a crime that often goes unreported, but statistics show that incidents are increasing quickly in number and frequency.
Elder Abuse Investigation Information:
- Types of Abuse:
- Physical: failure to take care of daily tasks such as housecleaning, providing medical supplies, assisting with hygiene, etc.
- Mental or Emotional: being ignored, verbally abused, given a lack of mental exercises
- Where Abuse May Occur:
- Domestic elderly abuse may occur in the home of the guardian
- Guardianship is permitted by State, and the guardian is granted access to property, finances, and other assets of the ward for the benefit of the ward
- Elderly care centers such as retirement homes and nursing homes
- Failure to provide the minimum care as promised to the family before the victim moves in or is admitted
- Related ICS Services
- Surveillance and Background Checks
- Public Records and Comprehensive Information Research
- Undercover and Covert Investigation
- Criminal Investigation Services
ICS Experience and Expertise:
- Operating since 1967
- Far greater operational reach than any other investigative service in the world
- Built through experience and expertise with a mix of law enforcement and military backgrounds
- All services are performed and billed on an hourly basis.
- Investigators are available 24/7.
- Global resources network for domestic and international work
- Constantly evolving technical capabilities to adapt to advances in electronics and technology
- Use of cutting edge technology and equipment
- Free Consultation for Needs Analysis
- Design an Action Plan
- Engagement and Fees
- Execute Action Plan
- Present Thorough Documentation of All Results/Findings
Are you in Need?
If you suspect that an elderly person you know and love is being neglected, abused, or taken advantage of, do not waste any time. Call ICS immediately for a free elder abuse investigation. We will conduct a thorough investigation to determine the extent of the elder abuse and who is the abuser. If the issue involves theft or embezzlement, our elder abuse investigators will be able to trace the losses and identify all of the guilty parties. We work efficiently and confidentially to make sure you get the answers you need. In cases of Elder Abuse, the health and safety of the victim is of the utmost importance, and you cannot let another day go by without acting to protect him or her.