Cyber Bullying can take many forms, and can be hurtful, stressful, and damaging to your reputation, career, and finances. Some common forms of cyber bullying include:
- Harassment via social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Libelous content online, and the use of websites for defamation of character.
- Use of your personal status updates to stalk, harass, blackmail, or otherwise disturb you.
It is just as important to put a stop to cyber bullying as face to face bullying, because cyber bullying has the potential to escalate just as quickly. Someone who spends hours “stalking” your various internet profiles may decide to stalk you in person, or someone who is attempting to blackmail or extort you online may decide to publish damaging photos or information about you, even if you already paid them.
When you hire ICS to investigate your cyber bullying case, we will approach your case from several angles. Depending on your wants and the details of your specific case, ICS may:
- Identify the bully (if the source of the online harassment is unknown)
- Obtain evidence proving that bullying, harassing, or other inappropriate Internet behaviors have occurred
- Report illegal actions to authorities
If you are the victim of cyber bullying or Internet harassment, take action against your harasser. Contact the professionals at ICS and begin your free consultation today, before any more damage is done.