Computer forensics may be applicable in any case in which the overall objective is to provide digital evidence of a specific or general activity. It can be anything from the simple identification and recovery of files to the investigation of industrial espionage or criminal fraud and deception.
Computer forensics is a detailed science. It is done objectively, as a “truth finding” mission. During the investigation it’s critical to maintain a complete audit log of all forensic activities which may include, among others:
- Securing the subject system.
- Producing a copy of the hard drive.
- Identification and recovery of all files, including audio, video, and graphical images.
- Accessing hidden, protected, or deleted files.
- Inspecting residue on the drive for previously deleted files.
- Investigation of data from installed applications or programs.
ICS offers computer forensic services to attorneys, private investigators, businesses, government and law enforcement agencies, as well as individuals in need of technical forensic expertise. ICS services include among others:
- Digital investigations.
- vData recovery.
- Expert witness testimony in court.
- Retrieval of lost data from damaged or corrupt storage media (including hard-drives, back-up systems, temporary storage units).
- Password recovery.
- Litigation Support.
- On-Site Acquisition