As of 2014 ICS is no longer offering polygraph examination services directly. We are currently sub-contracting all polygraph services only in conjunction with investigation type cases. Polygraph examinations should be conducted as part of or proceeding a more complex investigation. Please complete a free consultation to learn about alternatives to polygraph testing services.
Are all Polygraph Testing and Lie Detection the Same?
- Many polygraph examiners work alone and cannot meet realistic time schedules
- Not all lie detection equipment is equal
- Many are not credentialed
- Many have a limited background and cannot "wordsmith" the right questions
- Many do not ask admissible questions
- Many will not work on referral not from attorneys
Polygraph testing and lie detection examinations are usually short and to the point. In many circumstances results are admissible in court. Although there is no Supreme Court brief to date on polygraph, many lower courts will admit.
Types of Lie Detection Equipment
- Chart and Paper
- Sweat Gland
- Blood Pressure
- Emotional Examination
- Medical Brief
- Pre-Test Development
Many laws vary from state to state regarding the administration of these services.